The growing global spread of Tata companies in South Asia has resulted in the region becoming a significant base of operations for the group. It has established operations in countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Among the companies in the region:
- The Taj Group has properties in Maldives (Taj Exotica Resort & Spa and Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef), Bhutan (Taj Tashi) and Sri Lanka (Vivanta by Taj – Bentota, Taj Samudra and The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo).
- Tata Communications has made strategic investments in Sri Lanka (Tata Communications Lanka) and Nepal (United Telecom).
- Tata Global Beverages operates in the region through its joint ventures Tetley ACI (Bangladesh) and Tetley Clover (Pakistan) and Estate Management Services, Sri Lanka.
- Tata Power has commissioned the 126 MW Dagachhu Hydro Project in Bhutan. The power generated is sold to India.
- Tata Motors markets its passenger and commercial vehicles in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan.
- Other companies with a presence in the region include Tata Steel, Voltas, Rallis and Titan Company.